In line with the current development, the time to welcome the third millennium, a new era with more severe and complex challenges, The Department of Information and Computer Technology Education is here as an answer to the commitment of UNDIKSHA to participate in advancing and developing information technology and computer education in Indonesia in general, and Bali in particular.
Starting in 1998, the Ministry of National Education has issued a policy whereby LPTK or Lembaga Pendidikan Tenaga Kependidikan (Institute of Teachers’ Education) has been given the authority to implement non-educational programmes as outlined in the policy to expand the mandate. With the Decree of the Director-General of Bachelor Programme in Higher Education Number: 2090/D/T/2007, UNDIKSHA opened the Bachelor Programme in Information Technology and Education.
The Department of Information and Computer Technology Education for the Academic Year of 2007/2008 is the first batch of new student admissions. The Department of Information Technology and Computer Education is under the Faculty of Engineering and Vocational, UNDIKSHA, Singaraja Bali. The Department of Information and Computer Technology Education was officially opened in 2007, with the department’s anniversary being commemorated every September 9th. The Credit Transfer Programme for Diploma Programme in Informatics Management graduates, continuing to the Bachelor Programme, was opened a year later.
Based on SK DIKTI (Decree of the Directorate General of Higher Education) No.163/DIKTI/Kep/200, and Decree of the Chancellor of UNDIKSHA No.257/H48/PP/2009, the Department of Information Technology and Computer Education officially changed its name to the Department of Information Engineering Education. Furthermore, since 2019, this department has become a Study Programme under the Department of Informatics Engineering.
Visi, Misi, dan Tujuan
“To be a Leading Superior Study Programme Based on the Tri Hita Karana (Three Causes to Prosperity) Philosophy in Asia by 2045”
- Organizing education to produce graduates of Informatics Education who are professional and superior (competitive, collaborative, and characterized) based on the Tri Hita Karana philosophy.
- Researching the development of Informatics Education science and the field of informatics science to support the achievement of graduate competencies, the achievement of the vision of study programmes, faculties, universities, and national education goals.
- Carrying out community service in the context of implementing, socializing, and disseminating information technology education and informatics science by the development of society, science, art, and technology, as well as establishing partnerships with other institutions both domestically and abroad.
- Menghasilkan sumber daya manusia unggul (kompetitif, kolaboratif, berkarakter) yang berlandaskan pada falsafah Tri Hita Karana di bidang Pendidikan Teknik Informatika.
- Menghasilkan luaran penelitian (artikel publikasi pada jurnal/seminar, HAKI/Paten, serta Produk Teknologi) bidang Pendidikan Teknik Informatika yang unggul (kompetitif, kolaboratif, berkarakter) untuk pengembangan dan penerapan ilmu pengetahuan teknologi.
- Menghasilkan program pengabdian kepada masyarakat bidang Pendidikan Teknik Informatika yang unggul (kompetitif, kolaboratif, berkarakter) untuk meningkatkan kesejahteraan masyarakat.